One of the first things any buyer should figure out is whether their supplier actually makes the product or simply resells it. Both can work — but the answer changes your price, your quality control, and how you communicate.
任何买家最先要弄清的一件事,就是供应商究竟是自己生产产品,还是只是转售。两者都行得通——但答案会影响你的价格、品控以及沟通方式。
What's the actual difference?
到底有什么区别?
A factory owns the production line and makes the goods. A trading company buys from one or more factories and sells to you, adding a margin (often 5–15%) for sourcing, communication and export handling.
工厂拥有生产线并自行生产。贸易公司从一家或多家工厂采购后再卖给你,并加上一定利润(通常 5–15%)来覆盖寻源、沟通与出口处理。
When a factory is better
什么时候工厂更好
- Price: no middleman margin, so usually cheaper at volume.
- 价格:没有中间商利润,量大时通常更便宜。
- Quality control: you talk directly to the people who make the product.
- 品控:你直接与生产产品的人沟通。
- Customization: easier to adjust specs, materials and OEM details.
- 定制:更容易调整规格、材料与 OEM 细节。
When a trading company is better
什么时候贸易公司更好
- Many products at once: a good trader sources a whole catalog from different factories.
- 一次采购多种产品:好的贸易商能从不同工厂为你整合整个目录。
- Communication: traders often have stronger English and export experience.
- 沟通:贸易商往往英文更好、出口经验更丰富。
- Small orders: they may accept volumes a factory would reject.
- 小批量:他们可能接受工厂会拒绝的小订单。
How to tell which one you're talking to
如何判断对方是哪一种
Ask these questions — the answers reveal a lot:
问这些问题——答案会透露很多信息:
- "What's your factory address, and can I get a live video tour?" A factory shows the line without hesitation.
- "你们的工厂地址在哪,能做实时视频参观吗?"工厂会毫不犹豫地展示生产线。
- "What's your MOQ for this exact item?" A factory knows its own minimums instantly; a trader may need to "check with the supplier."
- "这件产品的起订量是多少?"工厂会立刻知道自己的最低起订量;贸易商可能需要"问一下供应商"。
- "Which other products do you make?" A factory's range is narrow and related; a trader sells everything.
- "你们还生产哪些产品?"工厂的产品线狭窄且相关;贸易商什么都卖。
- Check the business license scope — it states whether the company is a manufacturer.
- 查看营业执照经营范围——上面会写明公司是否为制造商。
The honest takeaway
诚实的结论
Neither is "bad." A reliable trading company can be worth its margin if it saves you time and headaches. The danger is only when a trader pretends to be a factory — because then you're paying factory expectations for middleman reality. Just know which you've got. For the full vetting process, see our 7-point supplier checklist.
两者都不是"坏的"。如果能为你省下时间与麻烦,一家可靠的贸易公司是值得那份利润的。真正的风险只在于贸易商冒充工厂——那样你就在用工厂的预期支付中间商的现实。关键是清楚你面对的是哪一种。完整的核查流程见我们的7 项供应商核查清单。
Not sure if your supplier is a real factory? We'll verify it and find better options if needed.
不确定你的供应商是否为真正的工厂?我们会帮你核实,必要时寻找更好的选择。
Get matched with a factory为你匹配工厂 →